In our Vocational Education and Training courses students at Emmaus College achieve an Australian Qualifications Framework qualification and are taught in simulated work environments that reflect industry standards.
Courses are designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge they will need to succeed in a specific industry area, however the employability and foundation skills are transportable to any industry.
Nationally accredited vocational education and training (VET) courses offered include:
- Business Services
- Retail Services.
Vocational education and training provides:
- real-life experience which equips them with the skills to enter the workforce, kick-starting their career and giving them a head start when they graduate from school
- a pathway to pursue further qualifications at TAFE or university
- the opportunity to practice their skills in the workplace through the structured work placement program, which supports a faster transition into the workforce
- qualifications that act as a gateway to a range of traineeship and apprenticeship opportunities
- skills that promote lifelong learning
Vocational Education and Training subjects are suitable for students following an ATAR or non-ATAR pathway.
Special programs and initiatives include:
- catering and serving at College events
- contributing to beautifying the College environment with students undertaking school-based projects
- participation in the WorldSkills Competition
- opportunities to be recognised through external awards for work placement and State training awards
- achieving the Construction Induction Whitecard
- gaining access to employment opportunities as a result of work placement.
External VET (eVET) courses may be accessed through TAFE, the Whitehouse Institute and NSW Health. eVET courses are available in areas such as:
- Animal Studies
- Design Fundamentals
- Human Services